Friday, May 16, 2014

Congratulations to Prime Minister Modi!!!

 The BJP looks like it has secured an absolute majority in the Lok Sabha, India's lower house.  This is unusual. It is the first time in 30 years that one party has a majority.  I hope the BJP functions as a center right party and down plays it's Hindu Nationalism. As a Christian from India, many in my family voted for Congress( the liberal party of India), but I had hoped for a BJP government.   Indeed many Muslims have endorsed Modi for this election. There are huge economic and social challenges for the BJP. The Indian economy needs to be modernized, especially the archaic banking system. I hope HM Canadian Government will rapidly resume free trade talks with India.  The system of preferences which was supposed to die after 50 years should be abolished.  It is also time for Congress to stop being the Nehru Gandhi party. I also congratulate the people of India on having fair elections. They should be an example for much of Asia!!!

No comments:

I Support Lord Black