Wednesday, October 10, 2012

The Commonwealth : A massive Free trade zone?

 My friend Tim Hewish gave a paper at one of the fringe events of the UK Tory convention.
His subject Commonwealth free trade, long a dream of mine. You will soon be able to download the paper here. There is of course a Facebook group. The event was well attended and was greeted with enthusiasm. I have been inspired for many years by the dedication of Our Sovereign Lady to the Commonwealth. The proposals in the paper could help billions of people lead more prosperous freer lives. I urge HM Canadian Government to co operate with the other senior Realms and make this happen.


HM Minister William Hague is very much on board.  I hope this will really happen. It will be a lasting tribute to HM the Queen and will bring more trade and prosperity.

No comments:

I Support Lord Black