Sunday, July 22, 2012

Speed the Plow

I recently saw Soulpepper's production of David Mamet's Speed the Plow. I am a David Mamet fan. He is actually a conservative playwright.  There was a pre show chat with one of the actors, which was quite enjoyable as well. Though when I mentioned that Mamet was conservative, it seemed clear that the audience at the chat was not. Mamet uses a lot of profanity which can be jarring, as is his use of violence. This play had all of that, but I found it was very well done and made Mamet's points well. I particularly found the performance female lead Sarah Wilson quite compelling. A thought provoking and entertaining play.  Reviews have been generally positive , but not universally.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loved the Mamet screenplay for the movie Spartan about a marine trying to get back the president's daughter who has been kidnapped.

I Support Lord Black