Saturday, May 12, 2012

Quebec Students

My friend Licia Corbella has a great piece on the entitlement generation, particularly expressed in Quebec. Corbella: How rioting students help make me grateful BY LICIA CORBELLA MAY 11, 2012 Licia Corbella: On Wednesday, Trans Canada's president and CEO, Russ Girling, admitted that "this outcome is one of the scenarios" the company anticipated. Too bad he didn't act on it sooner. Last weekend while listening to a sermon in church, I thought about rioting Quebec university students. On the surface, it’s a seemingly discordant thing to ponder at church, but my guess is I wasn’t the only one who thought about the chaos on Montreal streets at that time. Rev. Scott Weatherford, head pastor at Calgary’s First Alliance Church, was delivering a sermon entitled, Kids Count: Investing in the Next Generation.

No comments:

I Support Lord Black