Sunday, April 22, 2012

Rene Fleming

Harmut Holl   Rene Fleming
John Terauds





> I had the enormous pleasure of seeing Rene Fleming in concert at Roy Thomson Hall. We had a pre concert chat by John Teraud( in the American Express Lounge). He wrote the program notes and this review. I have seen Rene Fleming 4 previous times. She is always spectacular.She exudes warmth and charm. The pre show chat was a bit gossipy talking about her recent marriage , but that tied into Teraud's theme of the loneliness of artists. Fleming introduced each piece and the context of the songs. The first part was songs by three Viennese composers with myriad connections. The second half French and American songs. She gave two encores including I feel Pretty from West Side Story. It was a great concert . I got to chat with Rene Fleming after the concert and she and Holl signed my program. An amazing evening.




1 comment:

Keira said...

It’s actually a nice and useful piece of post. I am glad that you simply shared with us. Thanks!

View my Stats


I Support Lord Black