Friday, April 06, 2012

MSO:Hilary Han

I attended another MSO concert. The soloist was the spectacular Hilary Hahn. I have seen Hilary Hahn many times over the years and I always marvel at her amazing talent. Her performance of the Prokoviev Violon Concerto was masterful. She was give a prolonged standing ovation and gave us an equally wonderful encore. Some of my friends found her dress too distracting, but I was charmed by it. I enjoyed The Love of Three Oranges with its very famous Match. The Sokolic was OK. I don't usually like classical music written after 1950, but this wasn't as dissonant as some. The Debussy was wonderful. All in all a very good concert. I also saw several friends, so that was nice as well. STÉPHANE DENÈVE, conductor HILARY HAHN, violin PROKOFIEV, The Love for three Oranges, suite PROKOFIEV, Violin Concerto No. 1 SOKOLOVIC, Concerto for orchestra (OSM commission in 2007) DEBUSSY, La Mer











No comments:

I Support Lord Black