Saturday, April 21, 2012

Minority lawyer whining

I don't really care what the color of judges appointed to the bench are. I want competent , non activist judges. I don't support affirmative action for judges or anything else. These whiners should be quiet.


Anonymous said...

I have never heard of this crowd.

Too bad people of this stature feel the need to hyphenated their Canadian identity.

I wonder if the FACL have close to a 50% rate of female members. They may well have but if they don't should they be accused of a lack of equity within their organization?

Alain said...

I couldn't agree more. I can however understand why this is now being demanded, since affirmative action was clearly the reason for appointing most of the female judges. I have no objection if the most competent person is female or male, but appointing a judge based on the person's sex should not occur. The same goes for the colour of the person's skin and everything else. Leave aside identity politics and choose the best qualified person.

Anonymous said...

I’m willing to bet that the next SCC Justice appointed will be a visible minority as per section 15 of the charter! And Harper is just the guy to ensure that!

Affirmative action is being implemented in every aspect of Canadian society in accordance with section 15 of the charter. Any government job at any level now officially practices affirmative action, and in some cases, very aggressively. Of course they don’t call it affirmative action, they call it “employment equity”! That’s a nice sounding, loving, give me a hug, sit around the campfire and sing kumara Canadian liberal cushy buzz word. All this means is that the people who’s ancestors built this country from nothing get to be second class citizens while the new Canadians who’s a visible minority gets the job! Pure B.S. if you ask me.

I guess we can thank Mr. Trudeau for that one Eh! Oh and I’m not letting Harper off the hook either! He’s just as much to blame him and his affirmative action at the federal level.

Anonymous said...

It is hard to be a competent Lawyer when you graduate at the bottom of the class after getting into Law School only because of affirmative action

I Support Lord Black