Sunday, October 30, 2011

Another Africa

I recently saw the CanStage production of Another Africa. It was basically two plays in one evening. The first about Nigerian con men and the second about doctors who return to the west after trying to help in Africa.
I enjoyed the second play, which critics also very much enjoyed. The two plays are staged in totally different ways. One takes place in Africa with an all black cast. The other in the west with an all white cast. The second play reminded me of Who's Afraid of Virginia Wolf.
It is basically two plays on the relationship between the West and Africa. It is actually quite a depressing view of that relationship. It was a very thought provoking evening, though I left somewhat saddened. I did enjoy the evening.

No comments:

I Support Lord Black