Monday, August 01, 2011

Delingpole on blog trolls and the green movement

I love James Delingpole. He is very smart and very funny. I met him in Chicago a few years back at one of the Climate realist Conferences , put on by the Heartland Institute.James gives a guide to blog trolls. I suspect many of his blog trolls are from the "green" movement and warmists.

As we all know just because you’re away on holiday doesn’t mean you have to stop thinking about the nasty things in life. That’s why I’m dedicating this post to the menagerie – or, if you will, infestation – of trolls which lurk below this blog and who seem to have grown even more active in my absence.
There’s an argument which goes that we bloggers need our pet trolls almost as much as they need us. I’m not sure I value them that highly myself but I do find them a fascinating case study. What intrigues me is their psychopathology. I mean, it takes a certain sort of mentality actively to seek out columnists with whom you disagree and lurk below their blog being spiteful and angry and disruptive. Maybe I’d respect them more if they weren’t cowering behind the mask of anonymity, or if ever for once in their sad, deficient lives they actually strove to engage with the arguments made. But they never do, for such is the nature of trolling.

He is also a climate realist and has a new book out about the "green" movement called Watermelons.

No comments:

I Support Lord Black