Saturday, June 18, 2011

London Diary

I had lunch with my good friend Rafe Hetdel Mankoo near the Tower of London a few days ago. Rafe is Patron of the British Monarchist League. We had a great chat. Later I went All Hallows Church by the Tower. It is the church where John Quincy Adams was married and William Penn was baprtized. They were having a lovely exhibit on the Bible in honour of the 400th anniversary of the King James bible.
I have been to several plays and musicals. I saw Thriller Live, an enwergetic tribute to the music of Michael Jackson. It was a lot of fun and it had pyrutechics! I next saw Rosencrantz and Guidenstern are Dead, a play by the brilliant playwright Tom Stoppard, that reminds me of waiting for Godot. It is Hamlet from the eyes of 2 minor characters. It was a great evening of thaeter. It was at the Royal Haymarket Theater.
I then say the enchanting new Lord Andrew Lloyd Webber production of The Wizard of Oz at the London Palladium. It starred the winner of BBC1s reality show Over The Rainbow,Danielle Hope. It was truly an amazing evening. Somewhere over the Rainbow is probably my favourite songs. I am truly a friend of Dorothy.
I am sure the Mirvish group wuill be bringing this fantastic show to Toronto.

I just saw a fabulous performance of Pygmalion at the Garrick Theater.
London has been been pretty rainy, but I am aving a smashing time.

No comments:

I Support Lord Black