Thursday, May 26, 2011

Swearing In

I was truly honoured to have been asked by my friend newly elected MP John Williamson, to attend his swearing in ceremony.
MP Ted Opitz


John and his Family

MP Chungson Leung     


On my way to the event I met MP Ted Opitz and congratulated him on his win. I also met MP Chungson Leung of Willowdale and ran into HM Minister of Citizenship and Immigration Jason Kenney. The swearing in was quite short, but we retired to a friend's home for a famulous rib dinner. It was great seeing many friends and making a few new ones. The event took place in a beautiful room in the Center Block of Parliament. It was a wonderful day.



It's done more as an assembly line in the UK and for some reason the CanadianMP oaths doesn't mention HM heirs and successors, though they are mentioned for HM Cabinet ministers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting. Thanks for sharing. Does that mean that the Bloc Quebecois MPs had to bear allegiance to the Queen as well? Talk about awkward...

I Support Lord Black