Friday, May 20, 2011

Separatists among the dippers

I am sure there are many more than the dippers want to admit. jack is going to have a lot of problems. I wonder how the Western dippers will deal with these separatist and sometimes communist Quebec MPs. Indeed the dippers even have a separatist from Newfoundland. I hope they all swore the Oath of Allegiance.




OTTAWA - Two NDP newcomers from Quebec were ambiguous about how they would vote in a referendum on whether the province should separate from Canada.

“I’m not sovereigntist, but if there as a referendum, I don't know what I would vote,” NDP MP Dany Morin told QMI Agency in French following an orientation session for rookie MPs on Parliament Hill Thursday. “Forty per cent of the population in Quebec is sovereigntist.”

Morin was elected in the riding of Chicoutimi-Le Fjord on May 2.

Marie-Claude Morin, who was elected in the Sainte-Hyacinthe-Bagot riding, was also unclear about how she would handle the referendum question.

“I think Quebec can flourish in Canada, but if Canada wants to work with Quebec... we have to consider the fact we have a different culture, a different identity. If there was a referendum tomorrow morning, we will see. The future will tell us,” she said.

Jack Layton and his NDP party campaigned as a federalist alternative to the separatist Bloc Quebecois in Quebec during the election. The party says Quebecers knew that when they went to the polls.

1 comment:

maryT said...

Will have to watch to see how many of them show up to sing O Canada on Wednesdays.

I Support Lord Black