Friday, April 15, 2011

Goodbye OLTL and AMC

I like to watch soap operas. It is a total escape from reality. I used to watch Another World from the time I was about 5 ( I used to watch it with my nanny) until it's cancellation a few years ago. Now I hear that two soap operas I have watched on and off for more than 35 years are to be cancelled. It's like losing two old friends. I have watched as characters have been born, grown up and even died. I find it all kind of cathartic. So both these shows will be gone soon after more than 40 year runs! Good bye old friends, I will miss you.


It’s curtains for a pair of classic ABC soap operas.

The network announced yesterday that “All My Children” and “One Life to Live” will air their final goodbyes in September and January 2012, respectively, leaving only “General Hospital” to survive them.

Since it premiered 41 years ago, “All My Children,” starring Susan Lucci, has received more than 30 Emmy Awards and made history by airing daytime TV’s first same-sex kiss between two women as well as its first lesbian wedding and the first coming-out story for a transgender character.






No comments:

I Support Lord Black