Friday, March 04, 2011

Persecution of Christians

I am a Christian. According to the history of my family, I I am descended from Christians converted by St Thomas in 52 Ad in India. We were not persecuted in Kerala and we enjoy the blessings of freedom and peace in this great Dominion. I can only pray and weep for my brothers and sisters in Christ in the Muslim world. It is too bad that the west has all but abandoned them. While the jihadis slaughter Christians, they say what about the Crusades? The Crusades pale in comparison to the Islamic onslaught. In the conversions on the subcontinent 100 million Hindus were slaughtered by the invading Islamic forces. We must not forget our brothers and sisters in Christ. It would be nice if the left in the West wasn't so openly hostile to Christianity that they are far more interested in defending the interests of the jihadis, rather than help the religious minorities in the rest of the world. Thank God for the Poles!

The shooting death of Pakistan’s Minorities Minister Shahbaz Bhatti has once again cast the country’s blasphemy laws before the world’s scrutiny. Bhatti, the only Christian in Pakistan’s government, was one of the country’s diminishing number of outspoken freedom advocates. He was prepared to face the threat of death in speaking out against Pakistan’s murder of anyone who insults Islam.

In an exclusive pre-released public statement, a personal friend of Bhatti, Dr. Geoff Tunnicliffe (the president of the World Evangelical Alliance) sent to me his words of grief at the loss of a dear friend:

Not only have I lost a dear personal friend, but the world has lost a great champion for religious liberty, human rights and protecting the dignity for all people.
















No comments:

I Support Lord Black