Thursday, March 17, 2011

Her Majesty's Government

I am a strong supporter of the Tory party, but I would never call Her Majesty's Canadian Government , the Harper Government. Father de Souza understands this. I am disappointed that HM Government does not. We are a constitutional Monarchy. The Crown is the ultimate protector of the people.
Contempt for Parliament is serious thing. The Speaker's ruling, welcome though it was, is rather late to the game. For generations, Her Majesty's Government -that's the proper name for it, by the way, independent of who holds the premiership -has been treating Parliament with contempt.

A generation or two back, visiting the office of a freshman MP, I noted an unusual figurine on the shelf -a circus seal balancing a coloured ball.

No comments:

I Support Lord Black