Friday, February 11, 2011

Salim Mansur in Pyjamas Media

Salim Mansur writes to Roger Simon of PJTV. I am watching Roger Simon as CPAC moderator this AM . The First panel was on the jihadi threat and how both parties have not really confronted it. Salim understands the threat and he too takes the Tories to task for not paying enough attention to it.
Dear Roger,
Since 9/11 I have been mulling over the words of Georgi Arbatov pinned on the wall above my desk. I don’t believe in conspiracies, and I strive to keep my distance from the sophisticates of the Chomsky school of conspiracy-peddlers. But I do believe in what Barbara Tuchman described so well in The March of Folly. Folly, it seems to me, is the most severe and unforgiving sin of politicians, especially politicians responsible for the security of societies in advanced cultures of relative freedom, such as ours at this time in history. As Martin Walker, then the Moscow correspondent for the Guardian, reported in August 1992, Arbatov said to him: “We are going to do the worst thing we possibly can to America — we are going to take away their enemy.” Arbatov, you might recall, was a member of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union, responsible for keeping track of Soviet-American relations.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone


Rotterdam said...

Do not miss Pamela Geller's panel.

been around the block said...

testing, sorry

I Support Lord Black