Monday, January 17, 2011

Get Well Soon Steve Jobs

I am a fan of Apple. I have had many Mac computers, laptops, desktops , even the original Mac and I use an iPhone. Steve Jobs is an amazing guy. I hope he gets well soon, though this latest medical leave fills me with dread. My thoughts and prayers are with Mr Jobs, his family and friends.


At my request, the board of directors has granted me a medical leave of absence so I can focus on my health. I will continue as CEO and be involved in major strategic decisions for the company.

I have asked Tim Cook to be responsible for all of Apple’s day to day operations. I have great confidence that Tim and the rest of the executive management team will do a terrific job executing the exciting plans we have in place for 2011.

I love Apple so much and hope to be back as soon as I can. In the meantime, my family and I would deeply appreciate respect for our privacy.


1 comment:

Chris Taus said...

It is his product vision, but possibly even more so, is that with all the great managers on the exec team, and thousands of smart people, Steve was the one that could give the final yes or final no and everyone would get on board. Don't think that is a power that anyone but Steve Jobs could have at Apple. Get well soon Steve!

I Support Lord Black