Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Free Thinking Film Festival

 Congratulations to Fred and his team for a wonderful 3 days of films! The highlight was of course Mine Your Own Business and the Ezra/ ellie may debate. I also caught Katyn. Katyn made me despise communism even more than I do already. It was a deeply disturbing film.

I was unable to stay for several films I wanted to see including The White African.

Mine Your Own Business was great. I have met Phelim McAleer before and he was in fine form while answering questions after the film. He is actually less animated than his lovely wife, who was not at the festival. He pummeled the environmental movement in the film and in his answers.
He said they were deeply anti-people especially poor people.

Q&A with Phelim McAleer producer director from Vlad Tepes on Vimeo.

The Ezra/ ellie may debate was fun. I think they both made interesting points, but Ezra won. I was seated among a group of green supporters. Some of the comments they made to each other were the crowd shouldn't be able to be so enthusiastic for ezra, someone should throw them out and of course I heard two of the ladies behind say that the pro Ezra audience members and Ezra should be silenced. I hope this doesn't reflect all of the greens, but sadly I think it might. I will post the video of the debate, when I can get it.

An earlier Ezra vs andrew nikiforuk on the Olisands.

Ezra Levant and Andrew Nikiforuk debate ethics of Alberta's oilsands from Trevor Howell on Vimeo.

More from Miss Marmelate and from Vlad Tepes.

No comments:

I Support Lord Black