Monday, October 25, 2010

John Williamson, Tory Candidate New Brunswick Southwest






My friend John Williamson is now the Tory Nominee in the riding of New Brunswick Southwest. Congratulations John! John is a brilliant and thoughtful man. He has a great sense of humour. He is very hardworking. He has been an editorial writer from the National Post. His family has lived in New Brunswick for many generations. He studied at my Alma Mater McGill University. He has an MA from the London School of Economics. He has been National Director of the Canadian Taxpayers Federation and has been Head of Communications for HM PM Stephen Harper.
I urge everyone to volunteer , donate and vote for John. He will be an excellent MP.


In voting Thursday, Friday and Saturday, the former communications adviser to Prime Minister Stephen Harper won over Lloyd Wilson of Crocker Hill, John Quartermain of St. Stephen and Scott Sparks of New Maryland.

It was a decisive, first-ballot win for Williamson, who took 58.9 per cent of the vote. The final tally was Williamson, 700 votes, Wilson, 258 votes, Sparks, 122 votes, and Quartermain 108 votes.

Williamson, 40, was the first candidate to declare in the race to succeed long-time MP and former federal cabinet minister Greg Thompson.

Thompson announced his decision to retire from public life in January. He is still the MP and will remain so until the next federal election, expected to be held sometime within the next 12 months.

"I want to ensure that the riding has strong representation in Ottawa," Williamson recently told the Telegraph-Journal.

"I know how the federal government operates, and I think I can get things done here. I think I could give the citizens of New Brunswick Southwest the strong voice it deserves in our nation's capital. Greg Thompson has big shoes to fill, but I do think my experience would lend itself to this challenge."

The sprawling riding is scattered over 10,000 square kilometres. It stretches from Dumfries in York, and Coles Island in Queens, to St. Stephen, St. Andrews and the Fundy Islands in Charlotte County.

No comments:

I Support Lord Black