Thursday, September 30, 2010

RIP Tony Curtis and the Anniversary of the Flintstones




I was saddened to learn of the death of Tony Curtis. I remember him for his movies and also for his appearance on the Flintstones. Long before the Simpsons, the modern stone age family had guest appearances. You can watch the episode in Englsh ( after the Japanese commercial) here. It is also the 50th anniversary of the Flintstones. The Flintstones even got a Google doodle.
Good bye Tony Curtis you had a full life and brought amusement to millions. My sympathies to your family. May you rest in peace.





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember him in the film Spartacus as the young Greek poet and musician slave that Lawrence Olivier seems to be interested in.

been around the block said...

Two Hollywood icons gone in just a few days: Eddie Fisher and Tony Curtis. I'm old enough to remember both of them in their hay day. One is the father of the ultra-talented and hilarious Carrie Fisher and the other, the father of the very cool Jamie Lee Curtis.

I don't know, though. I think it's their moms who should get the credit. The daughters carry their father's names (all well and good) but it's their moms who were there for them.

Speaking of icons, I just saw Mickey Rooney at Hugh's Room tonight, with his wife of 32 years, Jan Rooney. He was AMAZING. He played the piano astonishingly well; not only is he an accomplished pianist, his timing is perfect. What a guy!

Roy Eappen said...

Didn't realize Eddie Fisher had died. You are right about Moms BATB.

I Support Lord Black