Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Reseau Liberte Quebec/Quebec Freedom Network

My piece in the National Post. Register for the event and the fundraising cocktail. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.




Don't call it a Tea Party


Roy Eappen Tuesday, Sept. 14, 2010

I have lived in Quebec for 47 years. I immigrated to Quebec from India when I was two years old. I love Montreal and my many friends and family who live in this great province. But I have not been happy about the political situation in Quebec for some time. We live in a province where taxes are high and where our platinum-plated social services are paid for with Alberta oil money.

A province that will soon be worse off than Greece in terms of its finances. A province where the leftist media ridicules anything that is even slightly centrist, let alone right of centre. A province where the so-called federalist and separatist forces of yes and no pretend to debate but are actually united in embracing the massive nanny state.


Read more: http://www.nationalpost.com/call+Party/3520148/story.html#ixzz0zV0LExeQ

3 comments:

Joanne BLY said...

Congrats! Great column.

robins111 said...

Wonderful Roy and timely.

Louise said...

What should we call our Canadian Tea Party?

I Support Lord Black