Saturday, August 14, 2010

Salim Mansur on anti semitism

As I have written before I have awesome Muslim friends. Actually now that I think about it I have awesome friends of all religions,all creeds and all races. I am truly blessed to have so many awesome friends. Salim Mansur writes from Israel. The scourge of anti semitism is returning.

Israel facing revival of deep-seated hate
Last Updated: August 14, 2010 2:00am

JERUSALEM — The dilemma of Jews and Israel in the contemporary world became acutely vivid to me as I stepped out of the noon-day sun into the Hall of Remembrance at Yad Vashem.

The hall stands empty except for an eternal flame in memory of Jews murdered by Hitler’s Nazi Germany and on the floor the names of the death camps in central and eastern Europe.

Perhaps a large number of Jews exterminated in the Holocaust might have been saved, and the demographic reality of present day Israel would be different, if Britain had fulfilled its pledge made in the Balfour Declaration of November 1917 and assisted in the birth of the Jewish state as it did in establishing Arab states following the First World War — like those of Transjordan and the Kingdom of Iraq.

The weight of history’s cruelty on the children of Isaac, Abraham’s son from Sarah, has been unbearably enormous.

Yad Vashem was established to remember the fate of European Jewry and of the six million who perished in the Nazi death camps.

Keeping alive that memory in a world of forgetfulness and denial is also to keep meaningful the promise of never again for Jews to ever suffer similarly.

The story of modern Israel, as many have noted, is a miracle unlike any, of a people condemned to elimination coming together to build a state and society that is unapologetically strong militarily.

It is a robust and inclusive democracy, and is at the leading edge of science and technology.


covnitkepr1 said...

Hi. I came across your blog through another blog I follow and have signed up as a follower. When you’re free, please do visit me and let me know what you think of my blog and leave a comment. If you like, do follow as well. I am always open to great new people and interesting websites. Look forward to hearing from you.

Lloyd said...

I really enjoyed reading the posts on your blog. I would like to invite you to come on over to my blog and check it out. God's blessings. Lloyd

I Support Lord Black