Sunday, August 01, 2010


I recently attended Soulpepper's production of Jitters. It's David French's behind the scenes look at the theatre. It reminded of me of a play I saw in London years ago called Noises Off.
I am a big fan of David French. His Mercer family saga is brilliant. This play is a bit autobiographical and a lot hilarious. It is 2 1/2 hours of belly laughs. It also is an analysis of Canadian theatre and actors. Some of the funniest lines pertain to the poverty of Canadian actors. The leads David Johnson and Diane D'aquila were actually married in real life. They interact with each other on stage like an old married couple. The entire cast was wonderful. The run has been a smash success and has been extended by a week. I highly recommend you see this wonderful comedy.

No comments:

I Support Lord Black