Sunday, July 04, 2010


I had dinner with fellow Blogging Tory Luca Manfredi. ( It was kind of a Blogging Tory day. I met up with Christian Conservative , who was visiting Montreal with his family, earlier in the Day) I was telling him that I thought HM PM Cameron would not campaign against the new voting scheme. We both agreed there would be a backbench revolt. Luca thought HM PM Cameron would campaign against in the referendum and he was correct. I dislike the new voting scheme and I suspect most of HM UK subjects will vote no. Next, a referendum on the lisbon treaty!!!

David Cameron will campaign against changing the voting system, his spokesman said, in a referendum expected next May.

His spokesman said the PM would be asked his view and "clearly his view is that he's not in favour of it".

An agreement to hold a referendum on changing the voting system to the "alternative vote" (AV) was a key part of the Tory-Lib Dem coalition deal.

But it must go through Parliament where many Tory and Labour MPs oppose AV.

The BBC understands a referendum on changing from the current first-past-the-post system to AV is planned for 5 May 2011 - a date expected to be confirmed at cabinet on Tuesday. A Referendum Bill is expected this autumn.

No comments:

I Support Lord Black