From the Democratic Space Blog:
(1) the Executive Director quit and was replaced by the Tech guy; yup, the coax cable guy (his expression) now runs the Greens.
(2) one Deputy Leader was replaced by another guy, who proceeded to quit within months, join the Bloc Quebecois, and now won’t return the Leader’s calls.
(3) more layoffs and employee resignations too numerous to list (including most the organizers).
(4) more high-profile candidates resigning (amazingly the top 3 Green candidates from 2008 are now gone, not including the leadership of course).
(5) the leader’s campaign manager in Saanich-Gulf Islands quit, and was replaced by an underling from Nova Scotia.
(6) a 20% decline in average party support from this time 2 yrs ago (i.e. 4 months before the last election).
(7) more EDAs de-registered by Elections Canada (bringing the total to 44 over the last few yrs — 3 times more than all other major parties combined).
(8) …that means still no local organization in 1/4 of the country.
(9) most Federal Council positions being acclaimed because of lack of interested candidates…
(10) a precipitous 20% decline in the party’s membership in the last year — yes, you read that right, down 20% in one year!
(11) a near 50%(!) decline in the # of donors from 2008, which is especially bad since…
(12) it’s the only party in the red – $1.2 million in outstanding liabilities and negative working capital.
ellie may wants no leadership review and wants to basically be declared dictator for life. She is a disaster. She is arrogant and nasty. If the Green Party wants to survive she should be ejected, but I think she will stay and try and merge the greens with the grits.