Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Aretha and Condi




                                                         Ron Isley











I have been in Philly for the last few days for the Aretha Franklin/Condileeza Rice Philadelphi Orchestra Gala Benefit in honour of the 75th anniversary of the Mann Center. You can watch here. It was a wonderful evening. I attended the Gala dinner before the concert. The Food was great and I sat with one of Secretary Rice's  literary agents.
 The concert was amazing. The Mann center is a covered outdoor performance space. Secretary Rice played a beautiful piece by Mozart.( It was from Mozart's Piano Concerto No. 20 in D Minor with the orchestra). She has previously played for Our Sovereign Ldy.
The second half was all Aretha, who started of with Respect and Natural Woman. Aretha started off in Philadelphia and still has strong ties to the city. She dedicated one of her songs to one of the audience members and brought Ron Isley of the Isley brothers on stage to sing the Way We were. Aretha sang a few classical numbers including Nessum Dorma. She also sang some Gospel. Secretary Rice accompanied her on Say a little prayer and My Country Tis of Thee. An amazing evening. I attended the after party, but Secretary Rice left before I could to speak to her and Aretha was feeling unwell. It was an amazing evening.













There was one moron protester, but I never saw him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If only Condoleezza Rice had run for president.

Anonymous said...

and where is a murdering suicidal bomber when you need one?

I Support Lord Black