Friday, July 16, 2010

Another Event with Clement

HM Minister of Industry was in Montreal yesterday as was HM Minister for the Status of Women, Rona Ambrose. I am glad the Tories are increasing their presence in Quebec.
I briefly had a chance to meet HM Minister of Industry last night. I couldn't stay very long because I had 2 shows to attend at the Montreal Comedy Festival.
I told HM Minister Clement that I was glad about his non coercive approach to the census long form. He thought the "controversy" over the decision would quickly disappear. It is after all the summer. Lorne Gunter understands this very well.
I also told HM Minister that appreciated his opening up of the telecom market. I told him that I hoped HM Minister would help bring down intraprovincial trade barriers. HM Minister said they were indeed working on that matter and on other matters to make trade freer. It was great to see HM Minister Clement again. I hope more of HM Ministers will come to Montreal on a more regular basis. When I left there were about 60 people in attendance to an event which benefited a local West Island Charity. HM Government is interested in freer trade inside and outside of canaad. That is a good thing.

No comments:

I Support Lord Black