Sunday, April 11, 2010

R.I.P. Dixie Carter

I am saddened to hear of the death of the beautiful, elegant, classy Dixie Carter. My deepest sympathies to Hal Holbrook and the rest of her family and friends. She brought joy and laughter to many people. May she Rest In Peace.

Readily recognized for her long time tenure on TV's "Designing Women" as Julia Sugarbaker and for her starring roles in seven other TV series, Dixie Carter has passed away at the age of 70 according to Entertainment Tonight. "This has been a terrible blow to our family," her husband HAl Holbrook tells ET. "We would appreciate everyone understanding that this is a private family tragedy. Thank you."

Carter was last seen on stage in "Southern Comforts" back in 2006, in which she starred with her husband Hal Holbrook in Coconut Grove, Florida. Carter was also seen at Washington, D.C.'s Shakespeare Theatre where she played a standing room only run as Mrs. Erlyn in Oscar Wilde's "Lady Windermere's Fan.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was a chick' show that I may have watched only a few times, back in the days when I actually watched TV. But, to this day I remember her character and how well she played it. Truly a good actress. (real conservative)

I Support Lord Black