Friday, April 09, 2010

Gordon Lightfoot in Montreal

I saw Gordon Lightfoot in concert in Montreal. Lightfoot is now 72 years old. He has aged quite a lot from the first time I saw him over 20 years ago. His voice has lost some of its timbre, but I still love listening to this icon of Candian music. He changed the words to the Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald. A recent documentary seems to clear the crew of blame.
Lightfoot gave a two hour concert singing many audience favourites. He did mention that reports of his death were greatly exaggerated. He also got the day of the week wrong in French, but he said he failed French in school. The crowd was very enthusiastic. I wnet to the concert with my brother and we bot had a nice time. It was nice spending time together. We don't often get to do that.


My favourites.


1 comment:

natasha said...

"If You Could Read My Mind" is my favorite!

I Support Lord Black