Friday, March 10, 2006

I just heard that Tom Fox( the only American)one of the four Christian Peacemakers kidnapped, has been killed. I express my regrets to his family. I am very conflicted by these peacemaker missions. I wish they would not go to put themselves and others in harm's way. But the beatitude says blessed are the peacemakers for they shall be called sons of God. Their efforts are important to them, but I think they put our soldiers and others at risk and don't think they should be there. I still pray for the safe recovery of the other three.

  • Tom Fox Killed
  • 1 comment:

    doug said...

    I was sorry to hear this abominable news.

    That said, although the peacemakers may or may not be blessed(dependent I think on exactly who they are trying to make peace between), these people were as you say merely endangering themselves and OTHERS, in a cause without any chance whatsoever of accomplishing anything tangible.

    This poor man and perhaps his colleagues fell into the clutches of monsters. That he and his colleagues utterly failed to see them as monsters and as an ENEMY of true civilization, is very sad.

    Brave, dedicated, decent, I'm sure the victims were and are all the above.

    They are also profoundly misguided and unaware. I hope others now indulge their 'values' at home and do not feel the need to see if the lions really do bite when you insert your head into their mouths.

    In the end, I am left with a troubling question--- 'Was it a truly moral action to do what they did?'

    I guess we all have to answer that for ourselves.

    I Support Lord Black